Author Topic: project cars 2 this looks really interesting !!  (Read 283 times)

outsider819

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
Re: project cars 2 this looks really interesting !!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 09:41:31 AM »
Going to be an interesting fall...

thestigscousin

• Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 09:08:06 PM »
Inside Sim Racing talking about the improvements in handling physics -- very interesting also.

ERT 5thwheel

• Hall Of Famer
  • see you at the track
    • View Profile
Pcars track list released
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »
http://www.isrtv.com/project-cars-2/project-cars-2-track-list-released/
 rally cross tracks , francorchamps historic and many others look great on the track maps
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:09:58 PM by ERT 5thwheel »

ERT Vader

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
I have to admit the track list looks pretty good. I will give PC2 a try after the price drops and I hear some feedback from controller users. I know they state it is better on the demos
2016 Trans-Am champion

Tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today

ERT 5thwheel

• Hall Of Famer
  • see you at the track
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »
to be honest im looking forward to P2 especially if F7 still has the replay issues

outsider819

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »
I kind of want to see the demos-especially with PC2. Apparently, they've spent a ton of time making things like controller/wheel and general car settings better and easier right out of the box, and I sure hope they have because PC1 was a gigantic pain in the ass. It looks like a great variety of tracks and cars, some really good stuff in there (in the last one, too). But here's the biggest kicker-I actually have PCars on PC and on the XBone, and I really, really, wanted to like it, but there was more than enough game-breaking stuff that I'm more than a little gun-shy about buying 2. It has my interest, but I'll hold off for now until some reports come back on it. And, if I'm being really honest here, I kinda feel the same way about FM7. I like 6-actually finished the career-but there's a lot of crap that I didn't like about it and some things that need fixing (in a lot of ways it was a step backwards from 4), and I'm not sure if I feel like throwing $120 CDN at Turn 10 for FM6 part deux, now with customizable drivers and more ForzaVista junk I really don't care about, while we're avoiding ridiculous tire walls, a miserable public online system, runaway drivatards, dealing with broken PI and class/division systems (my biggest peeve right there), broken replays, etc, etc, etc...

outsider819

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
(of course we all know, despite some misgivings, I'll really pre-order both of them and have us a good old fashioned shootout when they drop)

J4yR3yn0ld5

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »
Has anyone actually given this a go? I'm looking to expand my horizons now I have a decent wheel and PC2 esports/race licensing looks much deeper and more interesting than Forza's online setup... #gravedigging
PC: i7-8700k, Corsair H55, ROG Strix Z370-F mobo, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3600 RAM, ROG Strix 1060 6GB OC
Input: Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & LC pedals, BMW GT2 wheel. TH8A shifter
Display/Sound: Samsung 40" 4k HDR, SteelSeries Arctis 7 wireless headset

J4yR3yn0ld5

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »
Ok so I've bought PC2... All I can say is WOW. For a wheel user it is hands down a million miles more immersive, and I haven't even made any real adjustments yet, apart from changing in-game FFB from 'raw' to 'immersive'. The road feel is incredible, where Forza has nothing at all. The graphics are at least on par, and you can connect a tablet/phone/second screen as a dashboard/telemetry. I think I've found my new home. Except for ERT club races of course.
PC: i7-8700k, Corsair H55, ROG Strix Z370-F mobo, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3600 RAM, ROG Strix 1060 6GB OC
Input: Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & LC pedals, BMW GT2 wheel. TH8A shifter
Display/Sound: Samsung 40" 4k HDR, SteelSeries Arctis 7 wireless headset