Author Topic: 2018 ERT Race Season Open Discussions  (Read 120 times)

ERT EVERCOOL56

• Grandpappy
  • Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
  • co founder of Evercool Racing Team
    • View Profile
2018 ERT Race Season Open Discussions
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:44:42 AM »
  With this year's holiday time in full swing, it will soon be a new year and with it the kick off to our 2018 racing season here at ERT!
  In order to assure we cover as many racing types as possible, and ones you guys would enjoy the most, I thought an open, on going discussion of our members favs would help in planning future meets and series.

No secret around here that I enjoy factory race craft events. Forza GT, Prototypes, etc. If it comes from factory with a race livery, I'm IN! lol!
  There are many race types in F7. WTCC/BTCC, Mazda MX-5, Nascar, Drag, Trans Am etc., etc.
  And open car entry, spec, etc. to consider also. Not to mention the homologated vs. open build set ups to experiment with too.

So what are your preferences?
I know I will be hosting a GT series in 2018. Plans are in the works for that. And I hope to run a WTCC series also. All events I plan will be using only factory race craft.
 And I will more than likely only use a couple of meet dates per month with any series planning. Leaving open meet dates each month for other members interest... I would only use extra dates each month in case we wish to condense an event in order to keep it moving along.

Anyway, think about it and post your preferences and we will start planning for upcoming season.
Thanks in advance for your contributions gang!
race on...there IS no finish line...

ERT Vader

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 ERT Race Season Open Discussions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »
I personally would like to see an early prototype series. Even break out the can-am monsters again
2016 Trans-Am champion

Tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today

ERT 5thwheel

• Hall Of Famer
  • see you at the track
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »
im game for any racing, short sprints or endurance. mix it up from spec builds to open builds and series events too. and maybe some fun games to cap the night off.

J4yR3yn0ld5

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 04:23:49 PM »
I'm definitely in for Forza GT and WTCC. I'd like to also see a drag series based on the Nostalgic Drag Racers homologation rules, though I'd add RWD as a rule, or the American Muscle Drag rules I posted in the Drag Racing? thread.
PC: i7-8700k, Corsair H55, ROG Strix Z370-F mobo, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3600 RAM, ROG Strix 1060 6GB OC
Input: Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & LC pedals, BMW GT2 wheel. TH8A shifter
Display/Sound: Samsung 40" 4k HDR, SteelSeries Arctis 7 wireless headset

ERT EVERCOOL56

• Grandpappy
  • Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
  • co founder of Evercool Racing Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 07:11:42 AM »
Great ideas guys. Add to these anytime you like as many as you like!
race on...there IS no finish line...

J4yR3yn0ld5

• Amateur racer
  • Club Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 10:12:18 AM »
2.4 hours of Le Mans on the same weekend as Le Mans? Maybe restrict to P1 and GT classes, as there probably won't be enough participants to warrant P2 class as well? Possibly as a sign-up event to ensure the classes are balanced in regards to numbers and car models?
PC: i7-8700k, Corsair H55, ROG Strix Z370-F mobo, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3600 RAM, ROG Strix 1060 6GB OC
Input: Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & LC pedals, BMW GT2 wheel. TH8A shifter
Display/Sound: Samsung 40" 4k HDR, SteelSeries Arctis 7 wireless headset